Monday, 12 May 2014

Tom Yum Kungfu

This coffeeshop had changed several owners and had now been taken over by Tom Yum Kungfu, specializing in Thai BBQ, where they called it Mookata. There are crowds almost everyday. Note that it is closed on Mondays. I decided to give it a try since I am early because if you are late, seats are hardly available. The eating place also specialized in ala-carte dishes if you do not want to eat the BBQ. I saw people ordering it and it looked great. Authentic thai dishes are available in the menu. The BBQ set comes in set for 2, 4, 6 and 8. It is not too pricy too and every set will have some vegetables, meat (basically pork), seafood (prawns & scallops), and some others such as beancurd, enoki mushrooms, tang hoon, and etc. 



The coolest thing is that the BBQ is on charcoal, that explained the name Mookata - Thai Charcoal BBQ. It smelled so good when food is almost ready. And as you cooked it, you so wanted to just eat it straightaway. 




After finishing the meal, the BBQ area just gets darker and darker. And to us, this is the best part and the most sinful part. This is my first time trying out Thai Charcoal BBQ, I had also heard from my friends that there are better ones. Wait till I lay my mouth on it. Meanwhile, thumbs up for this. Worth a try. As for me, I will continue to try other places for more Thai BBQ. 


Address: 
56, Serangoon Garden Way,
S'pore 555952

Ratings: 4.2 out of 5


No comments:

Post a Comment