Friday, 20 June 2014

Jumbo POT - JPOT

It was a treat from my wonderful colleague that she recommended me to this place, JPOT. I just realized that it was part of the JUMBO group of restaurants. The place was crowded and reservations were necessary. As far as I know, there were only 2 outlets in Singapore, one at Tampines One and the other at Vivo City. The 3rd is coming soon at Parkway Parade. Be sure to check out the one near you...



The food were very fresh and there were lots of varieties to choose from. The sauces were located in the center of the restaurant and they tasted great especially when you mixed a bit of everything. The garlic mix was my favourite. Basically I added a little bit of everything with a lot of garlic and sesame seeds. I was greedy so I made two bowls of sauces. The other was a combination of all the oils such as chilli and sesame, and with some fresh chopped garlic and leek. Smells great! There were also several choices of soup to choose from. My recommendation would be the Herbal and the Fish Head soup. Splendid!






I am feeling hungry especially when I looked at other peoples' tables. All the tables were full of food!! Oh my god...!! It was not a buffet but the amount of food that people ordered seems unlimited. Let's now turned to the food... My favourite dish, beef!! I ordered the Premium Beef , the Wagyu Ribeye and the Grain-Fed Ribeye. It was fantastic, so tender and soft, and it matched pretty well with the sauces. I loved it!! I am a huge fan of beef by the way... The thickened beef slices were served with quail egg, so you got to break and mix it with the meat. The savoury taste was fantastic. 





We also ordered Pork Loin, Kurobuta Pork and the Jumbo Pork Ball. My friend was a huge fan of pork, therefore we do not need to fight for food. The pork was also tender and soft. We had 2 servings of Pork Loin. Basically this place served very fresh meat.   






The Jumbo Pork Ball was homemade. The meat was very fresh and the taste was well marinated. It also matched well with the sauces. Try all the homemade balls! They have prawn balls, cheese balls, meatballs, beef balls, etc. I had tried a selection of balls, so far all tasted great! We ordered others like fish, vegetables, scallops and some cooked food. I visited this place twice, and I would love to go again... 






The food all just tasted soooo good!! The fried yam can be eaten straight or can be thrown into the broth to be boiled to soften it further. The fried homemade beancurd was also my favourite. There was free flow drinks at $3.80, selections include soft drinks and homemade drinks - Longan and Barley. 




This is one of the best steamboat I had eaten so far. It was far much better than Mushroom Pot or those Ma La or Si Chuan style. The price was a little steep but it was well worth a try. If you have tried it, I believed you would give the food thumbs up!!! More information can be found here.


JPOT @ Vivo City
1 HarbourFront Walk
#01-53, S'pore 098585


JPOT @ Tampiness 1
10 Tampiness Central 1
#03-16, S'pore 529536


Ratings: 4.0 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment